Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei e5377s-32 no 3G

Options
  • 18-04-2016 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I just bought an unlocked e5377s-32, which works really well on 4G, but does not see 3G at all, either when 4G is unavailable or when I manually tell it to select 3G only.

Is there a setting that I can change?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It might be the case that there's no 3G coverage in your area and only 4G what network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

jay93 wrote: »
    It might be the case that there's no 3G coverage in your area and only 4G what network are you with?

Thanks for the reply. I get 3g coverage with an iPhone in the same location and I've tried 2 different networks. I can't figure it out...

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I get 3g coverage with an iPhone in the same location and I've tried 2 different networks. I can't figure it out...

That's really strange alright never seen that happen before have you done a manual search for networks on the modem to see what shows up ?

Did you get this from the USA by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

jay93 wrote: »
    Did you get this from the USA by any chance?

No, China....

• Advertisement

Ro-76 wrote: »
    No, China....

Oh ok I was thinking that it maybe didn't have the 3G frequencies that Ireland uses but it should :O

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Editorsean reported some weird issues where to go from 4G to 3G on one device he'd have to place the sim in a phone first. Shouldnt happen, but worth checking his posts.

ED E wrote: »
    Editorsean reported some weird issues where to go from 4G to 3G on one device he'd have to place the sim in a phone first. Shouldnt happen, but worth checking his posts.
    this might work but never seen this issue before though :)

Advertisement