Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Air Travel

Options
  • 18-04-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I hoping to travel to Vancouver in September to see my son, From June 2016 there is a direct route from Dublin, I am looking at different routes also ie via London, but just wondering has anyone travelled Air Canada Rouge, Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I have flown Rogue for Vancouver-SF and my uncle used them from Dublin-Toronto last year. There's no seat back TVs, you can either bring your own tablet or rent one off them to watch movies etc.. I think that's the only major difference from Air Canada.

My own opinion is that the direct flight is definitely worth it to avoid connecting in Heathrow or Toronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I've flown Shannon to Heathrow to Vancouver and backa number of times and found it fine. BA uses a jumbo jet and Virgin (that route is gone now) used a wide body jet so they were roomy and well specced. Just make sure the layover is no more than 2/3 hours or you'll bored out of your head ;)

Air Canada Rouge are fine short haul but I don't think 10 hours on one of their planes (assuming the screens are missing for transatlantic) would be enjoyable!

Advertisement