Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semen Detection Analysis

Options
  • 18-04-2016 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I rent in the most amazing house you can imagine and have been doing so for over two years. All my housemates have been here two years also, we all get along…bar one.

This guy has been here for over 4 years. He keeps to himself and that’s the way we all like it. However when he is wronged he is very aggressive. We also always expected he was a bit sinister. For example he had a little argument with a housemate over upgrading our TV deal and then coincidentally enough the very next day her fish mysteriously all died. 6 of them floating in the bowl. Another time after a row with a housemate over late night party that in fairness, did get out of hand, that person discovered, (coincidentally) his car tires slashed the very next day.

Both these occasions and several others where always brought up with him, which he flat out denied and called us “sick” for even mentioning. Well recently it was my turn to have an “argument” with him. I tried to end it positively in fear of what he might do to my possessions but the nicer I got the more it antagonised him, thinking I was just being a smug prick.

Well on Saturday (2 days after the argument) I purchased brand new duvet covers. There was a bit of a joke going on with my housemates as I spent €220 on the set which they thought was madness. Anyways there was much banter about it. On Sunday morning I got up and made my bed and went to work. On my home in the evening I received a call from a housemate to say as she opened the front door she could almost swear that our “aggressive” housemate through something in my room and closed the door. I came home no more than 4o mins later went into my room and everything was fine, except my pillow was on the other side of my bed on the floor.
    I picked up the pillow and it was damp and I swear to God, it smelled of semen.

I am completely freaked out by this. I do not want to live with this man but I do not want to move out. I explain what he is like in this message to show that I know I could just be extremely paranoid but I fear I am not. All the signs point to him committing this horrible act. I have not said it to him, nor our landlord. He is to the landlord, the perfect tenant and is no issue, plus longest serving tenant. I need some concrete evidence to give to our landlord, without me sounding bat **** crazy. I LOVE my house and I LOVE my housemates and 0% do not want to leave. So last night I scoured the internet looking for ways of finding out the truth. I think I have two options:

1. Semen Detection Analysis from a lab. There’s a place in Dublin that sends to a lab in the UK. The site is very professional and talking to them today they seems great. Big warning sign though is that the company have two trading names and I cannot understand why they would do that? Has anyone ever used them before for anything?
    EasyDNA
    HomeDNADirect
    Both same address and service. Why the two names? Sorry I can't post the links. But if you Google them the sites come up.

2. Semen Detection Kit
    getcheckmate (google)
    Just how reliable can something like this be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please be genuine in your replies. And yes I understand there is a possibility we can be completely paranoid but I want to treat this as professional as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well your going to have to get something to compare his sample to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 kevkelly90

The Lab and the Kit say the can trace for semen. Once there is semen on the sample it will show with their tests?

is this inaccurate?

See a part of my concern with these options and reason for my post on the forum is that I fear they preys on people who are conscious and vunerable about their partners infidelities and are bogus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Would it not just be easier to report his behaviour to the landlord and get him kicked out! ..but that's another forum :)

There's kits on Ebay

Cheers for that. Yes that is why I posted to this forum as I want to see are these kits legit and accurate?

• Advertisement

Would it not just be easier to report his behaviour to the landlord and get him kicked out! ..but that's another forum :)

What proof have I other than suspicion? As I mentioned. To a landlord he is a perfect tenant and very loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭baldbear

Google his name and court and see what you find.

If the kit sample proves he did jizz on your pillow what will happen then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

i know this may sound dramatic but do you know anyone thats a garda?

if i was me, id call them say your room (make sure their in uniform) door was ajar, stuff was moved and your pillow had a stain on it which was very suspicious. like we all know what semen looks like... that way if he did do it it will scare the bejeesus outta them.

one of my flatmates in uni had a little beeper on her door that she set up so that whenever it was opened it would record people coming in (she was batty but it was pretty cool)

baldbear wrote: »
    If the kit sample proves he did jizz on your pillow what will happen then?

I'll take it to the landlord and demand he is evicted. Along with my fellow housemate as alibi about him throwing something in my room and shutting door, plus other suspicious incidents invloving him with other housemates. I am pretty sure she will have no other choice but to get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

kevkelly90 wrote: »
    I'll take it to the landlord and demand he is evicted. Along with my fellow housemate as alibi about him throwing something in my room and shutting door, plus other suspicious incidents invloving him with other housemates. I am pretty sure she will have no other choice but to get rid of him.

How will the kit prove that it was him that was near your pillow?

I would just use the slashed tires and dead fish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Incredibly hard to evict anyone!

How will the kit prove that it was him that was near your pillow?

Well I slept on the pillow once and I did not ejaculate, so if there is semen present it's not mine.

Well I slept on the pillow once and I did not ejaculate, so if there is semen present it's not mine.

to be fair the posted asked how it will prove its his,

just because its not yours doesnt mean its his...

i think your in a horrible situation but he could just argue that it could be anyones...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Horrible story. He's a nasty bit of work. 😠

to be fair the posted asked how it will prove its his,

just because its not yours doesnt mean its his...

i think your in a horrible situation but he could just argue that it could be anyones...

I understand that. But if there is semen then I know and my housemates know that he did it. It will give us all proof. That is all we need. We're not looking to take him to court.

I understand that. But if there is semen then I know and my housemates know that he did it. It will give us all proof. That is all we need. We're not looking to take him to court.

just be careful with it,

are you after Lewinsky'ing the pillow case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Op,

I think you should talk to the gardai. They might be able advise and atleast if it is proven it's this guy (who btw, sounds like a hateful weirdo), the landlord will be able to act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Any kit you buy may detect semen but that's it, it is not a DNA test so will not prove whose it is. What about a set up with a decent video set up, These modern cameras are small and good quality, big plus there is no entrapment as you are not enticing him to do anything just recording what is happening in the house! Now if you had video of him putting something on your pillow and a test showed it to be semen THEN you have something, also IF you do find him doing something then call Gardai as their evidence in relation to semen test will be admissible whereas a kit from the net may have not be admissible in evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I think your going down a rabbit hole with this approach, why didn't you report the slashed tyres? That's something the gardi could have tried to act on - what can they do with an at home semen testing kit and an alleged door opening?

Advertisement