Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No coverage in Dublin 15?

Options
  • 18-04-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have been living in Westmanstown, Dublin 15 for the last 2 years and have no access to any form of broadband. According to the online coverage maps with most of the providers we are eligible but after i make contact they say that this area is not covered. A number of my neighbors have been looking for options and even tried the mobile hotspot options with the mobile carriers but the cellular signal in the area is also atrocious. There are a number of houses that im sure would jump at the opportunity of broadband access.

Through my digging around I have found out that our nearest provider cabinet is in Laraghcon and then Clonsilla. Both of these are over 1km away. Does anyone have any other possible options that we could give a shot? its very frustrating to be living in Dublin and to have no broadband or mobile phone signal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

To be fair, you're living in Dublin by postcode only, the area is mostly fields.
    Exchange Code: Unknown

DSL Enabled: Yes - 1 MB

NGB Enabled: Yes - 1 MB

Fibre Enabled: No

LLU Enabled: No

Golf course can get 1Mb fixed line, if you're west of it then the extra loop length will make you ineligible.

Try Ireland Offline's map of Fixed Wireless providers.

Advertisement