Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Davis Retires

Options
  • 18-04-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

The legend that is Steve Davis announced his retirement live on air yesterday afternoon. One of the greatest players ever who dominated the game during the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmzA6aaUfM

I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at exhibitions and he's an absolute gent. A great ambassador for the sport.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus that video was emotional enough. Legend. Him and Stephen Hendry were the two that got me into snooker originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Robert Jackson

Yes Davis was just a little before my time as I was born in 89 so Hendry was in the middle of his dominant period when I first got into snooker he was my hero as a kid but massive respect for Steve Davis too snooker is a thoroughly engrossing tactically complex and endlessly fascinating game

Advertisement