Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a Work space to modify infront of images(College Project)

Options
  • 18-04-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi,

Im creating a website to modify images as a college project and was wondering if anyone could point me in any directions on how to go about this.

What I mean by modify an image is actually to be able to draw over an image (eg. Paint) or place a marker onto an image and save it. For example if you had a picture of a garden and want to draw a color on the wall to see what it would look like or to place a marker (pretend) flower pot somewhere to see what that would be like.

The website is already fairly made using php jquery and the likes for a registration and stuff but im stuck on how to go about creating something like explained above

Originally I had thought of using a kind of overlay so the image is in the background and the markers and drawing are on a layer infront of the image, but i haven't come across anything allowing me to do that.

if anyone has an pointers or seen any APIs that do similar functions id appreciate the input

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

This post has been deleted.

Can a user interact with SVG? like a user gos onto the web page and say uses an image already in the website. The user needs to be able to draw lines on the image or pull and already made marker onto any position of the image?

That is exactly what I'm doing, but its never a bad idea to ask a question if you seem to know about it

Unfortunately its not really what Im looking for but its a point in the right direction thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

The HTML5 Canvas element sounds like it's what you're looking for. You should find loads of tutorials around the web that give you MS Paint like functionality with it.

See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Canvas_API/Tutorial

Aswerty wrote: »
    The HTML5 Canvas element sounds like it's what you're looking for. You should find loads of tutorials around the web that give you MS Paint like functionality with it.

See: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Canvas_API/Tutorial

Thanks man I stumbled upon that and seems fairly close so definitely some information I can use there, thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement