Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin s1

Options
  • 17-04-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I got one of these for xmas 16 months ago.

Last year i used to get nearly 2 rounds out of it before charging whereas on saturday by the time i got to hole 18 (admittely of a very slow round 4:45) the low battery screen was flashing.

have other users out there had any /same issues??

Is this the usual life span for these products and is it worth changing the battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I have one about the same amount of time - I have not noticed any issues with the battery yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Same here, I've mine about 2 years and no problems with it. Was actually using it as a normal watch for most of that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

charlieIRL wrote:
    Same here, I've mine about 2 years and no problems with it. Was actually using it as a normal watch for most of that time too.

BraveDonut wrote:
    I have one about the same amount of time - I have not noticed any issues with the battery yet

Cheers guys.

I used to use it for running and got a feeling water got into it at some stage and messed it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cheers guys.

I used to use it for running and got a feeling water got into it at some stage and messed it up.

I'd say its something else, they are waterproof as far as i know. I've had mine on in all sorts of weather / activities and no problems.

Advertisement