Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies football league semi finals

Options
  • 17-04-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What a mess created by the LGFA!

So earlier this evening, Armagh were to play Mayo in one semi final and Cork v Dublin in the other. But it has come out that the table the LGFA had up on the website before the game was wrong, and that some ridiculous rule saying that the Tyrone scores (because they were relegated) were to be discounted wasn't actually supposed to be applied, so Kerry face Mayo in the semi final.

Why would a rule like that be even in a league?? I really feel for Armagh, who after having the cost of going down to Cork last weekend to have the game called off, travelling to Dublin this weekend for the game, having started travelling back thinking they had done enough now not to be in the semi finals. Don't think the new corporate sponsors would be too happy with that - I hope a big fuss is kicked up about the whole thing, because no player deserves to go through that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

They seem to like unnecessarily applying soccer rules in the LGFA. In the likes of the UEFA qualifiers your games vs. the last team in your group don't count for playoff positions.

I'm not sure if it's just the software they use, but any time I've looked at the ladies football tables they give 3 points for a win. 3 points for a win was introduced in soccer to make teams stop settling for draws. I find it hard to believe that settling for draws is ever a problem in gaelic football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Did Kerry not have a better scoring difference anyway without any rule about Tyrone acores being discounted? Or is the current table on the LGFA website the amended table with the Tyrone results taken out?

Advertisement