Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best android phone circa 200

Options
  • 17-04-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Been an apple user last few years.
    Want to try an android.
    I want a good quality pre pay android for around 200 euro.
    Must be robust, don't want Chinese, needs a good camera and able to take a decent amount of memory.
    Had a look around the shops and more confused!
    Samsung a3 Samsung j5 (I think) galaxy core prime and Vodafone ultra smart 6 were all on around that price.
    Any obvious omissions/recommendations be great.
    Would like 5.0" screen too seems good size.
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

5 inch probably a moto g although I heard the camera is poor
    You have a better choice with 5.5 then I would recommend the Huawei G7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is hard to beat. Very pleased with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just a random comment if I may:

At that price point you should keep your expectations in check as your not really compering Apples to erm well Apples there. Apple don't do a 200 Euro offering so what you get from Android at that price point wont be fully representative or directly comparable. However will give you a feel for what Andriod can offer you and I hope it's a positive one at that.

If I was to offer a phone near that price point I would suggest you stretch your cash a little more and pick up a Oneplus x or something. (around 269) https://oneplus.net/ie/x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

god's toy wrote: »
    Just a random comment if I may:

At that price point you should keep your expectations in check as your not really compering Apples to erm well Apples there. Apple don't do a 200 Euro offering so what you get from Android at that price point wont be fully representative or directly comparable. However will give you a feel for what Andriod can offer you and I hope it's a positive one at that.

If I was to offer a phone near that price point I would suggest you stretch your cash a little more and pick up a Oneplus x or something. (around 269) https://oneplus.net/ie/x

Good point in fairness...and your right im not expecting "new Iphone" competition...but my current iphone is iphone4 that i have 5/6 years and im hoping it would be a upgrade from that.
    Ill check out that one plus.
    Cheers,
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elysium321

I second the Moto G 3rd gen. Fantastic phone, good value for money. My wife has one and the camera is actually excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

smart ultra 6 beats the iphone4 hands down.
    excellent phone fo rthe money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Comerman

I've got the Samsung J5, great phone,stylish and the camer is excellent.
    http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-j5-black-280580/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

smilerf wrote:
    5 inch probably a moto g although I heard the camera is poor You have a better choice with 5.5 then I would recommend the Huawei G7

I second the G7 , have one almost two years and love it.

Everyone comments on how good the pictures are and on lollipop it adds more features to the camera.

Advertisement