Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tablet advice - mainly interested in good screen

Options
  • 16-04-2016 10:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm in the market for a new tablet, want to move up from my 2013 Nexus 7. Mainly interested in a big one with high screen resolution, and secondarily if it could run as smoothly as the old Nexus. Not at all interested in camera, battery, memory, or much else.

Budget up to around 400, but would be interested in anything really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

What about the Google Pixel c? With the 25% developer discount which you can get, it will cost European 375

Hi all, I'm in the market for a new tablet, want to move up from my 2013 Nexus 7. Mainly interested in a big one with high screen resolution, and secondarily if it could run as smoothly as the old Nexus. Not at all interested in camera, battery, memory, or much else.

Budget up to around 400, but would be interested in anything really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What about the Google Pixel c? With the 25% developer discount which you can get, it will cost European 375

What's the developer discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

There's a pixel c in our house, it has a great screen. Lovely device.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Looks like a cracking tablet for the price, think I will go for that one. The other one I had my eye on is the Acer Iconia Tab 10 A3-A30, quite a bit cheaper but seems hard to find.

• Advertisement

Would be great if you could post a quick review if you get one. Thanks.

Looks like a cracking tablet for the price, think I will go for that one. The other one I had my eye on is the Acer Iconia Tab 10 A3-A30, quite a bit cheaper but seems hard to find.

Would be great if you could post a quick review if you get one. Thanks.

Ordered one tonight, will let you know how I get on with it :)

Final price was 381 all in

I'm still pondering the purchase. I have a Samsung galaxy tab s 8.4 which is great but nonetheless I'm very tempted by the pixel c.

Wonder how the screen size would compare. The 8.4 inch tab s is a nice size for when out and about and not too bilky

Ordered one tonight, will let you know how I get on with it :)

Final price was 381 all in

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a nice unit, but 4:3? Come on, dont copy the bloody iPad. Video is either 16:9 or ~2:1. Huge black bars is so wasteful.... :(

Had it for a few days now, screen is lovely which is the main thing I wanted, and it's obviously a very well built tablet. Metal back and the LEDs on the back are very nice. Battery is superb, haven't charged it since I bought it, only about half way down after three days.

Major downside is the ratio as the guy above says, it's really dumb. Black bars on your Netflix and twitch streams are annoying, but other things make up for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement