Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Andriod Tablet Help!!

Options
  • 16-04-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Help Folk

heartbroken since i left my nexus 7 2013 in the back of a taxi, its time to get a new one.

what do i pick??

No Budget but im using it on a daily basis ( showbox twitter facebook netflix spotify email) so i need something to run smooth and have a great screen

nothing bigger then a 10inc screen, love the 7inc on the nexus but maybe go 8 or 9...

looking at the s2 but €420 for a tablet just for social use.

hope you can help me pick something cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Also looking at a7 2016 version, wish I new when the the a8 was lunched!

Head is melted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The Nvidia Shield K1 for €200 would be a great replacement for the Nexus

moonboy52 wrote: »
    The Nvidia Shield K1 for €200 would be a great replacement for the Nexus

Yeah,seems to be hard to find somewhere stocking it atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

but1er wrote: »
    Yeah,seems to be hard to find somewhere stocking it atm

That's strange, even Nvidia themselves seem to be out of stock.
    (Well the UK version of their site anyway, French and German sites seem to have stock if you can work in those languages.) :-/

On the other hand maybe this is asign that there is a new version on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

but1er wrote: »
    Also looking at a7 2016 version, wish I new when the the a8 was lunched!

Head is melted

Hi OP was in a similar boat recently as IPad 1 was showing its age. I ended up getting the Samsung S2 and find it very impressive. It was my 1st decent android tablet and I defo think its as good as the more expensive ipads. By A7 do you mean Lenovo? Coincidently I also picked up a Lenovo A7 (probably an older version) abroad for the equivalent of about 50 euro around the same time. it was too much of a bargain to turn down and figured it would be handy for the little fella to load kids games onto it rather than him using the S2.....

An option from left field....if you're into the sunday times and reading on line, they have an offer of a free ipad mini 2 if you sign up for 18 month at a fiver a week. its excellent and the ipad is quite good for a previous gen tablet. I know you can pick the ipad up on its own for a decent bit cheaper not but as a package, its a good deal if its your thing. just thought id throw that into the mix but you're probably sticking to android I'm guessing....

• Advertisement

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi OP was in a similar boat recently as IPad 1 was showing its age. I ended up getting the Samsung S2 and find it very impressive. It was my 1st decent android tablet and I defo think its as good as the more expensive ipads. By A7 do you mean Lenovo? Coincidently I also picked up a Lenovo A7 (probably an older version) abroad for the equivalent of about 50 euro around the same time. it was too much of a bargain to turn down and figured it would be handy for the little fella to load kids games onto it rather than him using the S2.....

An option from left field....if you're into the sunday times and reading on line, they have an offer of a free ipad mini 2 if you sign up for 18 month at a fiver a week. its excellent and the ipad is quite good for a previous gen tablet. I know you can pick the ipad up on its own for a decent bit cheaper not but as a package, its a good deal if its your thing. just thought id throw that into the mix but you're probably sticking to android I'm guessing....

Samsung launced the a7 range of tablets in march for only 170 and looks perfect. Not alot of reviews. IPad offer is fantastic but I hate apple so I'm out of that cheers.

Advertisement