Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade primary or secondry

Options
  • 16-04-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a ak47 with real wood full metal that i got second hand, its quite battered and the stock no longer folds properly. I also have a second hand taurus pt24/7 that i was going to upgrade from. Which would be a better upgrade. If i was changing my ak47 id get a g&g cm18 mod 1( second hand) or if i was changin pistol id be getting a we g18c gen 4 (also second hand) The g18 is about 110 cheaper than the cm18 and i have very little money. What should i do. The ak will probably need to be changed soon but i doubt i can sell it.
    These are my first guns and i find the ak a bit heavy as im young.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd get the m4 first most of the time side arms a bit of a waste unless you actually skirmish it ,
    I bring 4 pistols to skirmishes but I'm lucky if I use one mid game ,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mike.murphy

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd get the m4 first most of the time side arms a bit of a waste unless you actually skirmish it ,
    I bring 4 pistols to skirmishes but I'm lucky if I use one mid game ,
    Sometimes i like to leave my ak at spawn and only use the pistol as im able to run alot faster with only a pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sometimes i like to leave my ak at spawn and only use the pistol as im able to run alot faster with only a pistol

And in our weather you get rapid cool down and your pistol vents gas leaving you having to run back for a primary,
    I'd go for an mp5 or g36 if that's the case short and light enough to run with.

A decent sling would be the first thing I'd get and a holster

Gatling wrote: »
    And in our weather you get rapid cool down and your pistol vents gas leaving you having to run back for a primary,
    I'd go for an mp5 or g36 if that's the case short and light enough to run with.

A decent sling would be the first thing I'd get and a holster
    The cm18 I hear is light and it's probably shorter than full length ak47s. I am currently trying to sell the Taurus, that has a chance of selling but the ak47 I don't think many would buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Get the ak rebuilt, it will be cheaper than getting a new (even second hand) gun. Upgrading a 24/7 is pointless it's an absolute pain and you need a machine shop and someone with skills to really make a go of it.

There are lots of options if you wish to change stocks/ front ends on an ak depending on what model you currently have.

If you are going for another pistol buy a TM! They are relatively cheap, lots of aftermarket parts if you need to repair/ customise and they are reliable for years provided you do a bit of maintenance once in a while.

If your unsure about rebuilding/ repairing/ custom stuff, then you might bring it to your closest retailer or find some one on here that can help.

• Advertisement

The ak is battered and i see a bargain of a cm18 with holo sight and 7 mags for 230. I like the look of the cm18 and its supposed to be light

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

What ak is it?

I dont know the make i got it second hand off a lad who works on a site. Its full metal with real wood (pistol grip/rear grip is wood effect plastic) and its an underfolding stock

Advertisement