Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Volkswagen Passat assistance

Options
  • 16-04-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys,
    1.6FSI, 06 Passat.
    I'm trying to change the coils in the engine. When I take the engine cover off, there's a plastic wire harness on the engine holding the coils in place. I can't pull the plug out because it has two plastic bits at the back of it stopping it from getting pulled out?
    Anyone any ideas on how to take that off without having to plug out every engine wire?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hi guys,
    1.6FSI, 06 Passat.
    I'm trying to change the coils in the engine. When I take the engine cover off, there's a plastic wire harness on the engine holding the coils in place. I can't pull the plug out because it has two plastic bits at the back of it stopping it from getting pulled out?
    Anyone any ideas on how to take that off without having to plug out every engine wire?

Thanks,

I don't know of that exact car but it should be reasonably self explanatory.
    There might be a couple of bolts holding the loom in place. Remove those. This should give enough movement to unplug each connector from coils. The connector at the coil would have alittle tab to be pushed / pulled to enable it to be freed from the coil pack itself.
    If for some reason there is not enough room to unplug the connector with coil in place, could you pull the coil and then disconnect it from the wiring

Advertisement