Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defence Forces Recruitment 2016

• 16-04-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

As advertised during the week the Irish Defence Forces are recruiting in large numbers this year. The question I have is what are the stages of the recruitment process for general service from the time you submit your application what's the next stages? As I've been told a few different stories. Ideally a current member might be able to tell me as it's something I'm considering. (Please don't bother commenting unless it's positive. As I'm only looking for positive feedback on this matter cheers) :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

1. Online application.
    2. Fitness test and complete Garda vetting form.
    3. Online psychometric tests.
    4. Interview.
    5. Repeat pyschometric test in person. Not everyone has to do this stage.
    6. Medical.
    7. Induction. 17 weeks training -> 2 star. 12 weeks training 2->3 star.
    8. Assignment to barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bob123321

Thanks was slightly unsure about the psychometric tests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

(Please don't bother commenting unless it's positive. As I'm only looking for positive feedback on this matter cheers)

:):) Good luck :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KR60

mystic wrote: »
    1. Online application.
    2. Fitness test and complete Garda vetting form.
    3. Online psychometric tests.
    4. Interview.
    5. Repeat pyschometric test in person. Not everyone has to do this stage.
    6. Medical.
    7. Induction. 17 weeks training -> 2 star. 12 weeks training 2->3 star.
    8. Assignment to barracks.

Why don't some people have to do the pyschometric test twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jake_98

Got my interview and fitness test today for 27th June in cork. Anyone else get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 duffyl

My son got one for 1st July in Galway. Did you send a reply to the email to confirm you were going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Duckzilla

Got mine for the 27th aswell. 07:30? guessing thats the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Doyle95

Anyone who done their fitness/interviews in dublin at the start of July get any word back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

OK, have a son who has finished his LC this year and is now showing an interest in the military.
    have checked Military.ie but it appears the recruitment process has finished, is that correct?

Advertisement