Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good chinese in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-04-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a good chinese takeout in Dublin? The quality of chinese food in Dublin is relatively poor to other locations from my experience. The only things they seem to do well are spice bags.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Anybody know of a good chinese takeout in Dublin? The quality of chinese food in Dublin is relatively poor to other locations from my experience. The only things they seem to do well are spice bags.

Just to be polite
    https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiy4c7H-JLMAhWDPRoKHfQxBkIQFgg9MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com%2FRestaurants-g186605-c11-Dublin_County_Dublin.html&usg=AFQjCNFauVJLcCSKnWXCwmdn9hIYOsuwaw&sig2=UMFCx4MMha7R32Snn2LKrg&bvm=bv.119745492,d.bGs

As your experience in Dublin re chinese food must have being very small.

They all do takeouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I agree with you OP. It's hard to find a decent Chinese (or Indian for that matter here.) I was in a place called Noodle King in Bethnal Green, East London the other week and had a duck chow mein that hopped off anything I've ever had here in Ireland. It cost under 7 pound and I had a pint while I was there.

Even the Chinese's in Brayjing are woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chickarooney

The Taj Mahal.

Best Chinese in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Moved from After Hours

Please reach the Dublin City charter before posting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

By 'good' do you mean like you would find in China, or what passes for Chinese food here?

If the former, M&L Cathedral Street, or almost any of the Parnell Street ones. Don't use the English menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Do you proper Chinese food or greasy western style 4 in 1? You said you want good Chinese, but yet you want a spicebag? There is tons of excellent Chinese on Capel/Parnell St. I really like Hilan on Capel St. M&L is really good too. But it is Sichuan and tends to be more spicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Where are you located in Dublin? That will make a big difference in recommending takeaways. No point recommending one on the Northside, if you live on the far South.

Also, are you looking for "standard" Chinese or are you looking for more authentic Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Do you proper Chinese food or greasy western style 4 in 1? You said you want good Chinese, but yet you want a spicebag? There is tons of excellent Chinese on Capel/Parnell St. I really like Hilan on Capel St. M&L is really good too. But it is Sichuan and tends to be more spicy.

While I am fond of the odd spice bag, I did find it funny that he used that as an example of Chinese food.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hard to say OP again without giving us a general area where you are.

Probably a more 'County Dublin' recommendation for anyone interested but by far the best Chinese I have had in the country by far is Silks in Malahide. It is a restaurant but they do take outs. Worth the trip out and a few pints after in one of the pubs.

Advertisement