Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Alarm & Smoke Detectors Interconnect

Options
  • 16-04-2016 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Quick thanks to Koolkid for recommending a installer in Limerick/Cork for the Siemens SPC4320. Worked out great.

A few questions:

The house also has 230v Smoke alarms in each room with a interconnect wire to set them all off in the event of a fire. I was thinking would it be possible to hook this interconnect wire to the alarm so in the event of a fire when the house it empty i would get a text/notification altering me to the fire. maybe through a 230v/5v relay?

Next question, we had a extended power cut (3 days) and the date/time is incorrect. how do i change this? i Logged with the engineers code and all i can find is a option for auto update time/date which is clicked.

My next job is to install cameras outside the house. would you recommend keeping them separate ( Ip camersa) or integrating them with the SPC, if so which ones work best with the SPC?

Last question. Can you connect/login to the alarm with a PC to adjust settings etc or is it all done via the keypad?

Sorry for all the questions.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would depend on what signal is sent down the interconnect cable. That would somehow need to be converted to an open close pair and wired into an alarm zone programmed as fire.
    I would recommend a seperate dedicated cctv install.
    You can log into the panel from a web browser direct to the panels IP address or via www.spcconnect.com. There is an option in engineer to change the time and date manually if you disable automatic update.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

KoolKid wrote: »
    It would depend on what signal is sent down the interconnect cable. That would somehow need to be converted to an open close pair and wired into an alarm zone programmed as fire.
    I would recommend a seperate dedicated cctv install.
    You can log into the panel from a web browser direct to the panels IP address or via www.spcconnect.com. There is an option in engineer to change the time and date manually if you disable automatic update.

Thanks Koolkid!!

Ok ill look into the output signal of the interconnect wire.

What input will the SPC require to trigger?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

An open/close pair would be the easiest.

An open/close pair would be the easiest.

perfect thanks. ill do a bit of digging and see what i can find.

just to update this.

If your smoke alarms are manufactured by EI electronics they very kindly make a relay base. you replace an exiting smoke alarm base with the relay base which gives you a NC and NO outputs when the alarms are triggered

Code is EI128R

• Advertisement

another quick question.

i can log into spc connect.

but i cannot login to"panel web page" are the logins different? i get a "access denied" message

Yes , but if you use that base you have to get a pair of wires to the detector from the alarm.
    Have you enabled engineer access on the panel?
    Can you log into engineer on the keypad?
    Engineer is case sensitive (Capital E rest lower case)

yes thats true, i have a smoke alarm in the attic so its easy to run a 2 core cable from it to the alarm panel.

engineer mode is enabled (says it on the screen) and i have the engineers code.

Are you enter user Engineer with a capital E?
    Is it possible the engineer web login was changed?
    If browser access set up? Can you log into the browser as a user?

i can log into the app/website as a user and arm/disarm and activate zones.

i have a feeling the installer may have me set up a user on the browser login instead of a engineer. ive just dropped him a email to see.

• Advertisement

The installer may have set up an alphanumeric password instead of the engineer code.

just checked and i am a "panel manager" on spc connect.

it is possible, im sure he will email me back tomorrow. installed by a contact of yours, very nice guy

Panel manager on SPC Connect would have nothing to do with it.
    Anyway let me know how you get on with it.

figured it out now, was using the ipad, wouldnt log in, used the laptop no issues:D

Strange one. Haven't seen that as an issue before.

Strange one. Haven't seen that as an issue before.

Just tried it again on the iPad to see,still no joy . It's due a update so may be that.

I'll update this thread next week when the smoke alarm base arrives and I have it installed

decided to tackle this today.

wired up the relay base and brought a NO pair of wires to the alarm panel.

Opened the panel and all the 8 zones are used. Should have looked before i started :(

Are there any zones you can join together?

good thinking

I have:

Front Door
    Back Door
    Downstairs windows 1
    Downstairs windows 2
    Upstairs windows
    Kithcen PIR
    Front hallway PIR
    Upstairs PIR

I suppose downstairs windows could be on the same zone (8 windows) (4 on each)

Not ideal.
    Could you put back door in with downstairs back?

• Advertisement

Not ideal.
    Could you put back door in with downstairs back?

could do but it is our main entry point to the house (where the alarm keypad is located)

Is there an expander than can be added to give more zones?

You can add an 8 zone expander yes.
    What about joining front and back door?
    Are they both entry zones?

You can add an 8 zone expander yes.
    What about joining front and back door?
    Are they both entry zones?

front and back door are entry points yes, ill try that first to make sure everything works ok. thank you

any tips on how to configure the output for the NC signal?

Wire your NC pair directly into the zone.
    Programme zone type as fire.
    Programme end of line as non eol.
    Description as whatever suits.

Wire your NC pair directly into the zone.
    Programme zone type as fire.
    Programme end of line as non eol.
    Description as whatever suits.

Working like a charm. thanks Koolkid.

Pushed test button on smoke alarms. Smoke alarms sounded for 3 seconds closely followed by the alarm + a text and email saying fire alarms active.

cost €30 total and 1 hour of time and plenty of help from koolkid.;)

one more small problem.....

i have put the front and rear door on the same zone . both commons and both supplies connected together in common & I1

im was then getting EOL (2.3k) which makes sense as it was 4.6k before connecting both together

Input - out of bounds

i set EOL to 2k/2k and when the doors are closed its displayed "normal"

but when i open a door it changed to out of bounds.

any ideas where im going wrong?

You can't have eol on both and wired in series into the same zone like that.
    Remove the resistors, series I have the two loops into the 1 input and programme as non eol.

wired both circuits in series at the panel, removed the 2 EOL relays from each door. changed to no EOL and success :D

thanks once again koolkid

Advertisement