Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English in France / Italy / Spain

Options
  • 16-04-2016 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

In a few years I'm hoping to move abroad to live - either France, Spain or Italy (just trying to think and plan ahead at the moment :)).

Would anyone know what the specific requirements would be needed for teaching English as a subject in colleges/universities? Would I need a full degree in English and are there any specific teaching qualifications required ?

(I teach here in further education but in business subjects and have the PGradDip in Further Ed. Re English I just have the CELT but not an actual degree in English.)

Alternatively I could teach English as a Second Language in a language school (but is the pay minimum or can it be sufficient (I'd be in my 40s with kids etc).

Any advice or info welcome.
    Many thanks in advance

Advertisement