Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug

Options
  • 16-04-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi, we launched a new website today but we're having an issue with the menu on android mobile devices only. The website is www.cobhgolfclub.ie.
    What happens is when you press the menu it reloads the page.
    Its fine on iphones etc...
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Reganovski wrote: »
    Hi, we launched a new website today but we're having an issue with the menu on android mobile devices only. The website is www.cobhgolfclub.ie.
    What happens is when you press the menu it reloads the page.
    Its fine on iphones etc...
    thanks in advance

Is there a hyperlink on the word menu. On a tablet ATM myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

TonyStark wrote: »
    Is there a hyperlink on the word menu. On a tablet ATM myself.

no code below

<ul class="sky-mega-menu sky-mega-menu-anim-scale sky-mega-menu-response-to-switcher">

<!-- switcher -->
    <li class="switcher">
    <a href=""><i class="fa fa-bars"></i>Menu</a>
    </li><!--/ switcher -->
    <li class="right left current-navigation"><a href="index.html" >Home</a></li>

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Reganovski wrote: »
    no code below

<ul class="sky-mega-menu sky-mega-menu-anim-scale sky-mega-menu-response-to-switcher">

<!-- switcher -->
    <li class="switcher">
    <a href=""><i class="fa fa-bars"></i>Menu</a>
    </li><!--/ switcher -->
    <li class="right left current-navigation"><a href="index.html" >Home</a></li>

Is the menu link controlled by JavaScript then? Have you tried href="javascript:" instead of href=""?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Aside: The slider images are very big (between 1.5 and 2MB!)
    A heavy page: 11MB - http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/bLGKoo/http://www.cobhgolfclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

It appears that when you hit the menu button (key down) the menu appears but when you release the initial press (key up) the Home link is triggered since it is now the element that has focus. To confirm this is what's happening you could try changing the order of links in the menu so that another link is at the top instead of Home - and see if that link is triggered when hitting the Menu button. If that is the issue a fix might be that the menu links should just trigger on the press (key down) and not the release (key up).
    Aside: The slider images are very big (between 1.5 and 2MB!)
    Definitely worth mentioning! Saving the slider jpeg images with a quality of around 70% (any reasonable image editor allows you specify the image quality) should reduced the size of the image (in MB) by introducing an imperceptible image quality reduction - this could reduce a 2MB image to 300kb. The width and the height of the image still stays the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement