Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview - post primary

Options
  • 15-04-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi, does anybody know about the legality around interview for post-primary jobs? If you are currently in a position that arose during the year and have had those class groups since (since November) can you be given these hours again without the position being advertised or without interview or are schools compelled to advertise all positions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hi, does anybody know about the legality around interview for post-primary jobs? If you are currently in a position that arose during the year and have had those class groups since (since November) can you be given these hours again without the position being advertised or without interview or are schools compelled to advertise all positions?

Under the terms of the Ward Report circular, you would have to re-interview at the end of your first year and the position would be re-advertised before that interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think it depends on the person you're filling in for and how long their leave runs for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

sitstill wrote: »
    Under the terms of the Ward Report circular, you would have to re-interview at the end of your first year and the position would be re-advertised before that interview.

Is that at the end of the school year (like in June).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Is that at the end of the school year (like in June).

Yes. Now that is assuming that the hours are your own or are from a career break/secondment or job share.

If you are covering for sick leave or maternity leave then as soon as that teacher comes back, your contract is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Any job that was filled last summer must be notified to the redeployment panel first.
    If it is not filled by a redeployment it will then be advertised for interview again. If you get hired after that, you wont have to interview again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Thought there was no redeployment panel at second level? Plus, unless the post has been made permanent I don't think it would go to the main or supplementary panel, they are not to be used for filling fixed term vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Redser87 wrote: »
    Thought there was no redeployment panel at second level? Plus, unless the post has been made permanent I don't think it would go to the main or supplementary panel, they are not to be used for filling fixed term vacancies.

Yes there is redeployment. There is a scheme this year for schools based in Munster and Galway, but not Waterford. It moves around the country, but can stay in the same place for more than 1 year.
    Also obviously if there are over quota schools anywhere then surplus staff in these schools may be redeployed.
    On your second point about fixed term hours, well that's how people progress to CID/Permanent If the fixed term hours were leading to this rather than covering a year or two of leave or secondment, then yes these hours can go to someone coming in due to redeployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't interviewed initially just received the hours internally so was unsure. The hours will be available again (due to retirement) but looks like I will have to interview to retain them again for another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't interviewed initially just received the hours internally so was unsure. The hours will be available again (due to retirement) but looks like I will have to interview to retain them again for another year!

I think you would have to interview for year two aswell. I may be wrong but to gain a CID it has to be two full years continuous service.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I think you would have to interview for year two aswell. I may be wrong but to gain a CID it has to be two full years continuous service.

It does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you weren't interviewed initially then I would guess you are casual part time and hence wouldn't have a contract.
    The days are gone where where you slip into a job and get permanent just by being there

Advertisement