Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out and requesting ID

Options
  • 15-04-2016 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just clicked on the fb app on my android phone and the main screen appeared in the background briefly before a screen appeared saying it was logging me out. Then a security notice appeared telling me that I need to log in from one of the three ways listed (Facebook for Android being one) or provide government id to verify my identity and unlock my account. It doesn't give links to log in, but I went back to the app and tried but it's just giving me the same screen. So its like the only option is to upload government id, though it says it should be colour photo, which a passport isn't.

Anyone have this happen? I've searched online and there's just a lot of conspiracy stuff, no solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Anyone?
    I've tweeted Facebook twice and still no answer. I'd really rather not give a scan of my passport, especially considering what they're saying doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Still no response from the twitter account. I've tried to email, but the email address I sent to is not in use it says. Found a form eventually to contact them, I sent it and received an immediate response saying they basically won't talk to me until I verify my identity (by uploading a scan of my passport). They didn't even read the email.

Unbelievable service. Every picture I have of my travels is up there, there's people that I don't have phone numbers for who won't know where I've gone.

In relation to uploading my passport and security, their "help centre" just says it will be kept securely. What kind of assurance is that? Even if they'd ****ing explain why they're doing this!?

Is there any legal basis for making them remove the scan from their servers after they've 'verified'? Data protection and that?

Any Facebook employees out there, you work for a scummy company.

Advertisement