Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First branch meeting

Options
  • 14-04-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been teaching for 10 years and have been a member of the ASTI since my dip year. However, I have never attended a branch meeting! I am thinking of going to the next one for my branch which is next week, partly out of interest to see what it's like and partly as we have a lot of issues facing us at the moment and I always hear that younger teachers (I hope I still count as one!), don't take enough interest.

So how does it work? Do I just turn up? Do I have to bring ID to prove I'm a member? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's just turn up for the TUI. If there is any question about who you are (you'll sign an attendance sheet) they will have a list of members, but it's very unlikely they will check.

If they are anything like TUI, they will not start on time and a lot of the meeting will be taken up with minutes and what seems like red tape. Things have to be done correctly though, so that any decisions made or motions passed will stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Hi Sitstill
    Yes, just turn up. We get a small turnout but are always delighted to meet new teachers. You will get to know people very quickly & learn a lot. The CP hrs ballot is coming up, so there'll be info on that. Definitely go

Advertisement