Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1st beard advice

• 14-04-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

I have over the last few weeks decided it's time for me to grow out my facial follicles in pursuit of a more manly face. I've always sported short stubble as my skin does not react well to a clean shave but i've never let it go as long as it currently is or hopefully will be.

I'm about 3 weeks in and the itch is immense. A constant tingle, not unpleasant but noticeable. I'm also a slow grower, so while some may have a beard to be proud of at this point already my own face looks unkempt and i'd imagine i look quite scruffy about the office.

Any tips/advice for the first time beard grower?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

I started growing mine about 7 months ago (i think) - like you I found the itch very irritating and it was usually at that point when at my most hobo esque I would give up in the past. Anyhow I decided to stick with it this time and the itch went away eventually around week 4 for me as far as i remember. I keep bringing it back to a 2 blade every 2/3 weeks and trimming in between to keep it neat. I find my beard grows really quickly now but I still prefer to keep it tight around a 3 blade at most.

Anyhow my advice is to work though this stage and not give up. Trim it back once it gets to a decent length and let it regrow and hopefully it improves the beard by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

hmm... so you reckon once it gets long enough to trim i should do so? Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day but I would love to go full lumberjack eventually with the beard and thought trimming might be counter productive rather then just continuing to let it grow? You're probably right tho as "hobo-esque" pretty much sums up my current look:D and i'd say in another week or so i'll have to tidy it up for the office if nothing else:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

This is madness. Looking for advice on growing a beard on a website.

It's a beard. Just grow it.

Advertisement