Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good tow bar installer in or near Dublin?

Options
  • 14-04-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a Westfalia tow bar and electrics package from PF Jones in the UK (it came in the biggest box I've ever received in the post!), and I was looking for somewhere to install it, ideally in or near Dublin.
    It's going on my Alfa 159 TI, and it requires a bumper cut out, as well as splicing into the rear light loom, so I don't want to hand something so beautiful to a butcher who'll ruin it. I have to look at the back of my car all day every day out the office window :D

I had it serviced in TI Autos recently and they suggest I go to dedicated tow-bar crowd rather than a mechanic, even an Alfa one.
    Anyone got one they'd recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Hi all,

I ordered a Westfalia tow bar and electrics package from PF Jones in the UK (it came in the biggest box I've ever received in the post!), and I was looking for somewhere to install it, ideally in or near Dublin.
    It's going on my Alfa 159 TI, and it requires a bumper cut out, as well as splicing into the rear light loom, so I don't want to hand something so beautiful to a butcher who'll ruin it. I have to look at the back of my car all day every day out the office window :D

I had it serviced in TI Autos recently and they suggest I go to dedicated tow-bar crowd rather than a mechanic, even an Alfa one.
    Anyone got one they'd recommend?

You could try
    http://www.malcolms.ie/about_us.php

Although they may prefer to have supplied the bar themselves. If the towbar you ordered was to original specification, there should be no need to cut the bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

swarlb wrote:
    If the towbar you ordered was to original specification, there should be no need to cut the bumper.

Not necessarily. Newer cars seem to have the rear bumper extending further inwards then older ones. Insignia for example and new Mondeo's. Must be something to do with airflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Thanks lads, I emailed Malcolms, Mr. Bullbar and Indespension there yesterday, hopefully one of them will come back with a reasonable price.

Advertisement