Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10.1 Tablet Help Please

Options
  • 14-04-2016 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

The father has a Medion Lifetab tablet from Aldi, which for the second time is about to go back and this time for a refund. Issues with charging/port like the last time.

I’ve looked on old threads and seem to see a lot of different offerings, seen what could be good Tablet , but not sure if 1Gb ram is ok for tablet (remember on android phone was painful)

• Looking at a 10.1 screen as he’s use to it and paid for a good cover for that size already
    • After that he basically uses it for kodi, web browsing and reading the papers on apps/web pages
    • Then charging, the Aldi one had an issues but generally would take 8 hours, so either a better battery or faster charging
    • Budget €220(what he paid for Aldi) or lower, not worried on named brands if good

Thanks for any help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i can think of 3 that fit the profile. they're all windows tablets

lenovo miix 300

lynx1010b

asus zenpad.

all are within you price range, and all come with a keyboard also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lenovo Yoga 2 10.1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for the replies and good to see Lenovo come up twice.

Ended up getting a Lenovo A10 as a few threads on this recommended Lenovo and it was in Argos at €150 so easy to go back with any issues.

So far so good, screen better quality than Aldi one, he only really watches kodi etc so not much multitasking, but when I was setting it up it didn’t lag etc, so would definitely recommend it for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i can think of 3 that fit the profile. they're all windows tablets

lenovo miix 300

lynx1010b

asus zenpad.

all are within you price range, and all come with a keyboard also

considering the lack of apps , i would be wary of windows tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

jeffk wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies and good to see Lenovo come up twice.

Ended up getting a Lenovo A10 as a few threads on this recommended Lenovo and it was in Argos at €150 so easy to go back with any issues.

So far so good, screen better quality than Aldi one, he only really watches kodi etc so not much multitasking, but when I was setting it up it didn’t lag etc, so would definitely recommend it for the price

Would the lenovo a10 be better than a Nexus 7?
    Looking for a tablet around the €150 price range

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    considering the lack of apps , i would be wary of windows tablets.

he said he just wants it for Kodi, so makes no difference really.

Personally, much prefer the idea of a touchscreen laptop than having just an android tablet.

iggy wrote: »
    Would the lenovo a10 be better than a Nexus 7?
    Looking for a tablet around the €150 price range

10 inch over 7 makes a big difference. depends what you want it for

Advertisement