Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube search problem

Options
  • 14-04-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.

I have a video posted on our company youtube channel. The video is just highlighting the features of a product.
    I have used all the relevant keyword tags and put the correct keywords in the description.
    For some reason it is not showing up in the youtube search no matter what I do.

I even changed the name of the video to something totally random and copied and pasted that video name into the youtube search and it just says "no result".

Anyone have any ideas why my videos are not showing up in youtube search?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

crossy wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.

I have a video posted on our company youtube channel. The video is just highlighting the features of a product.
    I have used all the relevant keyword tags and put the correct keywords in the description.
    For some reason it is not showing up in the youtube search no matter what I do.

I even changed the name of the video to something totally random and copied and pasted that video name into the youtube search and it just says "no result".

Anyone have any ideas why my videos are not showing up in youtube search?

Thanks for your help

Are you sure the privacy setting is set to public?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you change the name and search instantly it won't necessarily appear. Its not instant. YT/Google are indexing Millions of videos, it takes time for your video to be added to those search indexes.

If your channel is new/little subscribers you'll fall pretty low on search results bar the very specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

Thanks for the responses.
    Firstly the video is definitely set public.
    I also have not changed the name of the video since 26th Jan 2013.
    Just cannot figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

crossy wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses.
    Firstly the video is definitely set public.
    I also have not changed the name of the video since 26th Jan 2013.
    Just cannot figure it out.

Can you give us the link to the video?

Advertisement