Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine broken - where can I get clothes washed?

Options
  • 14-04-2016 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Baby4 wrote: »
    Hi All,

As the title says, my Washing Machine is broken. Where in Waterford would you recommend going to wash my clothes / get them washed?

(I have a baby too, so I'm under pressure to get my increasingly large pile of washing sorted).

Thanks.

There are washing machines in the texaco garage near the mercy school/supervalu.
    Launderette beside supervalu too. Another on key near reg.another beside ardkeen shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

The one on Thomas street seems to have re-opened. Or at least something was going on there.

The last time my washing machine broke I used the self-service at the Texaco/HyperCentre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Baby4 wrote: »
    You've 2 washing machines (4 & 10 kg load, IIRC) and a one dryer.

Once you set the washing programme up it tells you time left (90 mins or so).
    I went shopping.

Returned after 85 mins or so - moved the clothes to the dryer and set it for (~30 mins). Returned back and had it all dried.

Never heard of anyone having his/her clothes stolen.

EDIT:
    If the weather's good you may just sit around a read a book in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Why don't you shower with your clothes on? It's very environmentally friendly and you save a fortune is ESB bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The machines are locked during the wash cycle, they can be accessed during the dry cycle. I doubt there is any difference between the 'outdoor' ones, they seem to do a good job. The outdoor ones have detergent supplied automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Why don't you shower with your clothes on? It's very environmentally friendly and you save a fortune is ESB bills.

Nice one F, underwear good for 4 days too, back to front and inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

looksee wrote: »
    The machines are locked during the wash cycle, they can be accessed during the dry cycle. I doubt there is any difference between the 'outdoor' ones, they seem to do a good job. The outdoor ones have detergent supplied automatically.

There doesn't seem to be a choice with the detergent so if you wanted to use non bio for baby you might be in trouble. My other half is very sensitive to detergent and he was fine when I used these machines.

Snow Whites in the mayors walk might be the best choice, my heart goes out to you, worst time for the machine to go, we were the same I had two under two, we didn't manage shopping for a week while I paid for a new machine.

Advertisement