Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIHF World Championship 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Are you watching GvidoR?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

joujoujou wrote: »
    Are you watching GvidoR?

Of course I am. This is one of the most important events. Team Latvia has been playing very well so far but a little short on luck, sadly. Pushed overtime with Sweden and Czech Republic. Very close to winning both of those games. The hosts, team Russia however lost 0-3 to the Czechs last night.

PS Didn't expect to see you in this part of the forum. :P

Unregistered Users

GvidoR wrote: »
    [...]

PS Didn't expect to see you in this part of the forum. :P

Why didn't you? ;)

Told you once we met that I am a fan of hockey, although not all the events are in area of my interest. Definately WC, Olympic Games, and (occasionally) PLH. :)

Watched Belarus vs USA and decided to find your hideaway. :D

=============
    Team Latvia has been playing very well so far but a little short on luck, sadly.
    At least Latvia is in the tournament. My team is not. :(

At least Latvia is in the tournament. My team is not. :(

Poland hosted the championship for their division this year and were very close to getting promoted to the elite. The two teams that got promoted were Slovenia and Italy. Poland got the same amount of points as Italy, but they lost when they played with eachother so Italy got the promotion.

Unregistered Users

Poland [...] were very close to getting promoted to the elite. [...]

Not the first time. :(

And, sadly, very close is obviously not enough. ;)

• Advertisement

Not the first time. :(

And, sadly, very close is obviously not enough. ;)

Did you watch those games?

Unregistered Users

Highlights only.

Cannot watch live while I'm in the middle of the night.

Highlights only.

Cannot watch live while I'm in the middle of the night.

Ah that's right yeah. One of the goals by Poland was very nice, against Austria I think. Few passes in front of the net and boom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Games are add on youtube by the IIHF. So you can watch in full in your own time

cena wrote: »
    Games are add on youtube by the IIHF. So you can watch in full in your own time

Yup. They live stream them for free in 1080p which is a first too. You can pause, rewind, and even watch in slow-mo whenever you want. It's great.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Obviously I would record and watch later alright, but nothing compares to live. :D

Obviously I would record and watch later alright, but nothing compares to live. :D

Yeah, for me it's live or nothing. You don't get the same thrill watching a game that has already happened and it's almost impossible to avoid the scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Spoliers for anyone recording.
    Some friends I lived with in Canada getting a lot of abuse after the first period. :D

Advertisement