Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concern workers

Options
  • 13-04-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Those Concern workers on the road are not in the least bit charitable.

I know this isn't exactly a newsflash, but I received some bad news the other week and was walking through town to get home crying my eyes out and one sarcastically said to me "Aw, bad news?" I was horrified. The irony that someone working for a charity would say something so cruel shocked me. All they want is to get their commission.

Anyway, it really pissed me off and I just wanted to have a rant about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

All you have to do is look at the people who were in charge of Rehab, and see the example they have set.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

What about the head of Barnardo's bleating on about having to close some services last year because of a funding shortfall and how it is the children who would suffer the most.
    I wonder how many he could have helped by taking a (temporary) pay cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

the rich must help the poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd be horrid awkward if I saw someone walk through town bawling their eyes out.
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnmkkrHbN91qfu47lo1_500.gif
    That'd be me.
    I'd probably have ignored you if I worked for concern :(

Also, they drive me mad ever since one of them made me take my earphones out. Now I ignore them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

sarcastically said to me "Aw, bad news?" I was horrified.

Really, you were horrified that someone opened their mouth to you when you were balling your eyes out walking through town?
    Bit of a self indulgent thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    What about the head of Barnardo's bleating on about having to close some services last year because of a funding shortfall and how it is the children who would suffer the most.

Huh? His salary was cut from 113k a good few years ago to 88k now. Cutting his salary won't make a substantial difference

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Are you sure it was said sarcastically? I'm no fan of chuggers, but if you were that upset maybe you misinterpreted their tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

So if someone works for a charity, they have an obligation to take a (temporary) pay cut every time there's a shortfall in donations?

Why would anyone, least of all competent people, work under such conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I'd be horrid awkward if I saw someone walk through town bawling their eyes out.
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnmkkrHbN91qfu47lo1_500.gif
    That'd be me.
    I'd probably have ignored you if I worked for concern :(

Also, they drive me mad ever since one of them made me take my earphones out. Now I ignore them all

sorry for going off topic, but are you from the Navan direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stop bawling, think of the starving babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Jobs like chugging, door to door sales and ruling nazi Germany make you abandon a part of your humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

As they say, if you can fake sincerity - you've got it made.

Advertisement