Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME, Back to Education and Susi

Options
  • 13-04-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have been accepted on the PME ( Post Grad Masters in Education) for this coming Sept. I am also eligible for BTEA.

I was just wondering do I still need to pay the PME fees or are they covered by SUSI

Thanks in advance
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Easy one to google....
    Although you are not entitled to the maintenance component of the student grant, you must still submit a student grant application form to be assessed for a fee grant to pay your Student Contribution (formerly called the student services charge), field trip costs and tuition fees (if payable).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 damiangrinds

Thanks for your help. Yes I did know this, but had hoped someone might have been in a similar situation and know if Susi do in fact cover the fees for the PME if you are eligible for BTEA.

Deposit for PME is due this month (non refundable) However it would be a complete waste if Susi don't cover the fees as I couldn't come up with the 10k fees

ED E wrote: »
    Easy one to google....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks for your help. Yes I did know this, but had hoped someone might have been in a similar situation and know if Susi do in fact cover the fees for the PME if you are eligible for BTEA.

Deposit for PME is due this month (non refundable) However it would be a complete waste if Susi don't cover the fees as I couldn't come up with the 10k fees

You can get €2000 student contribution if you qualify under the threshold or if the reckonable income is below €22703 then you may qualify for the special contribution of €6270, but SUSI do not cover the full cost of post-grad studies.

Advertisement