Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a course for first round in 2 years - Sth Dublin / Wicklow

Options
  • 13-04-2016 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

Getting back in the swing (:o) of things on Tuesday morning with a mate. I've to be finished and back in Swords @ 13:00 and he's travelling from Wexford.

Looking for somewhere that won't be too busy or expensive in the middle. Came across http://www.ballinastoegolfclub.com/

Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Macreddin Golf Club (near Aughrim) 10:20 and 10:30 for 25 quid.

Edit: Scratch that, you'd never be back in Swords for 13:00 :). There's a 9:30 tee time available but that would be a bit tight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Going to go with Tulfarris @ 8ish. Played there a few years back, can always blame the swans for any balls that vanish. :P

Thanks for suggestions.

Going to go with Tulfarris @ 8ish. Played there a few years back, can always blame the swans for any balls that vanish. :P

Thanks for suggestions.

The only thing id say is tulfarris is a long track, will take a while to get around, shouldnt be crazy at that hour though, but its miles away in the middle of nowhere so you might be tight getting back to swords for 1. GOD is right beside M11 so motorway the whole way and a shorter more forgiving track to someone not playing much. Its a sweet spot also.

Having said that, tulfarris is a better course once the ground is not to soggy. Was brutal last time i played it, but that was 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Thanks for suggestions.

Check out Blessington Lakes around the corner from Tulfarris. Excellent course, 9 hole also if you're under pressure for time.

• Advertisement

Rackstar wrote: »
    Check out Blessington Lakes around the corner from Tulfarris. Excellent course, 9 hole also if you're under pressure for time.

Wouldn't be a fan to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

If I was tight for time, I wouldn't fancy the minor roads around Blessington Lake, through Blessington itself and then the well speed-trapped N81 through Tallaght to the M50.

I'd go for somewhere like Bray, Delgany or Glen of the Downs. All handy for N11/M50.

Just saw Seve OB's similar post above.

Advertisement