Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste - absolute nightmare to deal with

Options
  • 13-04-2016 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dublin 8 and have been a customer of Greyhound since they took over from DCC.

During the past year their service (or lack of it) has become absolutely appalling :mad:.

They will not collect our bins. Not just mine, but my neighbours on the road as well. The bin crew whizz past our road each week and completely ignore us. I have to ring the following day to request them to come back. I've sent countless e-mails and spent lots of time I don't have ringing their 1890 number to be told "very sorry, don't know why that happened, I'll make a note on your file, blah, blah, blah, I'll send the crew back to collect the bin".
    When the crew do arrive, they collect my bin only and the rest of the neighbours are left high and dry. When I mention this to the "customer care :rolleyes:" agent I'm told "each customer has to ring themselves to request the crew to call back :confused:

I'm fed up to the back teeth of it. I'm getting the run-around from everyone. It's become so bad that I've put in a cancellation on my account to take effect from next month. My mother lives on our road and she's been switched from the 'pay by lift' to 'pay monthly' account without requesting this. She's been given the run-around too.

Is there anyone I can contact who will actually listen and do something about this? Nobody seems to give a damn about us and I'm absolutely furious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Related: check out saynoto1890.com it provides local numbers for most 1890-type numbers

Greyhound Recycling Green Bin
    1890342342 Call instead – 014612800
    1890929333 Call instead – 014612800
    1890989998 Call instead – 014612800
    Other numbers that have worked for other users of the site are 014612881 and 014577777

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

On another note - who actually owns the bins? Do Greyhound take them away and the new company provide new ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

On another note - who actually owns the bins? Do Greyhound take them away and the new company provide new ones?

Yes they own the bin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

The own them and some providers also charge to collect them, I know Thorntons did when I move from them.

They can ask my butt :p

• Advertisement

Anyone have an e-mail address of somebody in management I can use to complain? Any e-mails I have sent to customer care reps have not have any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hondaguy01

Greyhound recycling is a disgrace of a company , you cannot find the charging structure and the the rates they apply to your account . If you view your account online you their is NO clarity on what you are been charged for , you cannot balance your payments against their charges , this is a breach of the consumer act...

CONSUMER PROTECTION BILL
    "46.—(1) A commercial practice is misleading if the trader omits
    or conceals material information that the average consumer would
    need, in the context, to make an informed transactional decision
    (“material information”) and such practice would be likely to cause 20
    the average consumer to make a transactional decision that the average
    consumer would not otherwise make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

18 euro deducted from my account every month. Bins collected every week and weights showing on account. Also shows balance payments.
    What more do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

18 euro deducted from my account every month. Bins collected every week and weights showing on account. Also shows balance payments.
    What more do you need?

€216 p.a. :eek:

Is that a flat charge that includes unlimited black bin collections? I pay Greyhound by weight with a charge per lift, my 'service type' is 'DLR PBW Annual'.

I paid them €78.54 last April which covers my service charge for 12 months to March 2018. I then get a separate bill for each black bin collection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

coylemj wrote: »
    €216 p.a. :eek:

Is that a flat charge that includes unlimited black bin collections? I pay Greyhound by weight with a charge per lift, my 'service type' is 'DLR PBW Annual'.

I paid them €78.54 last April which covers my service charge for 12 months to March 2018. I then get a separate bill for each black bin collection.

I pay €17 per month, includes all black, brown and green bin collections for 12 months (each collected every 2nd week) I'm in South Dublin Co. Co. area, if you contact them they might reduce your bill, worth asking. Also maybe check changing provider, when I moved to Greyhound from thortons they offer a couple of months free to cover that the bin collection charge from thortons and also part of the annual charge from thortons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

nava wrote: »
    I pay €17 per month, includes all black, brown and green bin collections for 12 months (each collected every 2nd week) I'm in South Dublin Co. Co. area, if you contact them they might reduce your bill, worth asking.

Thanks but I think a low annual service charge and pay per lift is the right plan for me. I have a compost bin so declined the offer of a brown bin and I cook all my own food so there's no takeaway cartons and very little packaging. Means that I only put out the black bin twice a year - last lift was March 1st and I'll be putting it out again next week.

I wasn't sure if Greyhound had other pricing plans, seems like they do and thanks for letting me know there is an inclusive option for a fixed monthly charge.

Advertisement