Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Collectors With Open Boxes.

Options
  • 13-04-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭

Some of them have tables with money thrown on it.I'm sure most of them are beyond reproach,but surely for the sake of peace of mind of the donator they'd give them a proper closed box.
    Seems to be a lot of young men collecting these days as well for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

kneemos wrote: »
    Some of them have tables with money thrown on it.I'm sure most of them are beyond reproach,but surely for the sake of peace of mind of the donator they'd give them a proper closed box.
    Seems to be a lot of young men collecting these days as well for some reason.

The open box is to play on donators ego - see what everyone else is giving, then give that and a bit more, to feel extra special about themselves.

More young men are collecting because women give more to charitable causes than men do, so if you want to collect more money for your charity, young men are the best collectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Saw few young lads collecting the other day. Thick accents on them. 5 minutes later the squads police international detectives arrive and horse the lads off. Good enough for them I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

It's a total scam, they're spending all the money on new tables.

Advertisement