Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass

Options
  • 12-04-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

I did a search and found a thread from 2011 but nothing more recent, so thought I'd ask again.

Does anyone have artificial grass and pets? We have a north facing garden with poor drainage. It was in a bad way anyway as we had building work done but we got a dog recently and now it's just a poo/mud fest.

My husband is keen on getting artificial grass as we have young children who want to play out there as well as the dog (and a cat!). My concern is the poo will be hard to clean off it and it might smell of wee wees I'm not thrilled by how they look or feel but I can move past that for practicality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fioc

Have a cat and dog and got the artificial grass over 10 years ago- absolutely fantastic...No problems whatsoever removing excrement...far easier than concrete tbh! 10 years on only recent problem is a little moss sneaking through, but nothing a bit of moss killer won't sort...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Honestly if I had the choice my back garden would be nothing but artificial grass, had nothing but good experiences with it. Poo is very easy to pick up off it, never had an issue with getting a smell off it either. Have seen it trampled by dozens and dozens of dogs for hours on end with no ill effects on the quality.

Only problem is that stuff is pricey!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fortMac

I bought and fitted artificial grass myself last June to finally sort our swamp of a back garden....one year on and its still in perfect condition.
    It cost around €300 for 20sqm from a place in the UK. Very easy to install on a sand/aggregate base. It's also very easy to clean with a hose and the dogs show no interest (so far!) in digging it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭raxy

Can anyone tell me if installing artificial grass would solve our drainage problem? We have a patio which is sagging in the middle& also sloped towards the house. Any time it rains water pools on the patio right in front of the door. If re put artificial grass down would the water be able to drain through the foundation under the grass or would we still have issues?

Advertisement