Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from bill pay to pay as you go.

Options
  • 12-04-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

I'll start off by saying that I'm not technically literate in the least. The answer I'm looking for might be simple or impossible, I really don't know. Basically what I want to know is if I can use a normal pay as you go sim card on a phone I originally got on bill pay. I'm not on contract anymore so I have a great phone that does everything perfectly except make or receive calls and texts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

If your phone is locked to a particular network (for example, if you've been with Vodafone while on Bill Pay), then it's likely your phone will only accept a Pay As You Go SIM from Vodafone.

If you're out of contract, and you want to use your phone on a different network, then contact your network provider and ask for your phone to be unlocked.

Advertisement