Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LED stop, tail, and rear indicators

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Contemplating putting some LED-based stop, tail, and rear indicators onto a 50s Ford Pop.
    The end goal is peace of mind, to add to the defensive driving already necessary.

In terms of aesthetics, I'd like it to be "permanent but discrete" - perhaps something mounted under the bumper, beside the over-riders. Or failing that, then via simple trailer board with simple socket.

Car is restored to stock, meaning 6v with dynamo, positive earth, semaphores, and single stop+tail+numberplate unit hanging in centre of boot lid. Basically not a lot to "see" from behind during dusk or even full darkness!

I was assuming LED to keep the wattage/drain low.
    I guess I'll need to clean up the power, perhaps step up to 12v.
    Wondering if there might be something to leverage from those relay circuitry things the garages fit when installing tow-bar on modern cars?

Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement