Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to cusack stand

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm taking my son to the League final on the 24th. I am supporting Kerry, he is a Dub. So anyway we will get the train to Drumcondra and our tickets are in the Cusack stand. Anytime I've been to Croke Park before I went in the Jones Road entrance to Hogan Stand but not sure where is the entrance for the Cusack stand and how to get to it from Drumcondra train station. Could anyone please direct me in a foolproof way, don't want to get lost. Thanks in advance.
    PS also does anyone have an idea how long the show after the game will be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jebus, Kerry people needing directions to Croke Park. I've heard it all now. ;)

When you exit the train station, look to your left and the top of Clonliffe Rd will be in front of you, on the other side of the road. Cross over Drumcondra Rd and walk down Clonliffe Rd. There will be a couple of small side streets, but the first main junction is Jones Rd. That is where you go, if you are heading to the Hogan Stand. Don't turn there. Keep on walking down Clonliffe Rd. The second street to the right (Distillery Rd, with the Daybreak newsagent on the corner) will be for Hill 16. Don't turn there either. The third street to the right (James Ave) will be the entrance to the Cusack Stand. That is where you turn off.

Look it up on Google Maps and you'll how easy it is to find.

There will be loads of Guards and stewards around on the day. Just ask any of them if you're not sure of where you are going.

No idea how long the show will be, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Ha Ha, Normally I'm coming from city centre and just follow the green & gold jerseys with a few pit stops along the way.

Thanks a million for the directions. Really appreciate it. Ye're not the worst !

Looking forward to the game.

No probs. It's such a bloody great big beast of a stadium, it's a right pain in the you know what, if you are on one side of it, but you need to get to the other one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are plenty of signs on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Bring good walking shoes, camping equipment and some form of tinned food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No probs. It's such a bloody great big beast of a stadium, it's a right pain in the you know what, if you are on one side of it, but you need to get to the other one.

Ah here lads, directions to get from one side of Croke Park to the other???

Somebody well and truly taking the piss.

Ah here lads, directions to get from one side of Croke Park to the other???

Somebody well and truly taking the piss.

Are you a mammy? Have you ever found yourself outside the Cusack stand, on a hot summers day, with small children that are tired and cranky after the walk up from town.....and you are then told, you have to go to the ticket office on the NCR to get a ticket for the child, or that you are at the wrong gate & you have to enter the stadium via a Hogan stand style.....and throw in is 10 mins away. Try doing that some day, instead of spending the afternoon in the Big Tree drinking with the lads....and then wind your neck in, just a tad. :)

ProudDUB wrote:
    Are you a mammy? Have you ever found yourself outside the Cusack stand, on a hot summers day, with small children that are tired and cranky after the walk up from town.....and you are then told, you have to go to the ticket office on the NCR to get a ticket for the child, or that you are at the wrong gate & you have to enter the stadium via a Hogan stand style.....and throw in is 10 mins away. Try doing that some day, instead of spending the afternoon in the Big Tree drinking with the lads....and then wind your neck in, just a tad.

What a lovely little rant.

That's ok mate. I wouldn't expect a langer to understand the concept of being as helpful & hospitable as possible, toward visitors to their city. It's not like anyone from Cork will be needing directions to Croke Park any time soon. :)

ProudDUB wrote: »
    That's ok mate. I wouldn't expect a langer to understand the concept of being as helpful & hospitable as possible, toward visitors to their city. It's not like anyone from Cork will be needing directions to Croke Park any time soon. :)

Another lovely little rant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: commonsense, we're generally a helpful bunch here on the GAA forum so even if the answer to a question is second nature to us, that isn't the case for many. As a result we like to help out those unfamiliar.
    In future if you don't want to help a poster, maybe be true to your username, show some common sense and don't post in the thread and take it off topic.

OP: I assume you got the advice you needed so I'm going to close the thread. If you want it reopened for another question you may have, let me know. And hopefully both you and your son enjoy the game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement