Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Fabricator for Table Base

Options
  • 11-04-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a metal fabricator in the Dublin area to make a custom base for a dining table. The design is very simple, fairly straightforward welding but in heavy steel but the finish would need to be perfect.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You will need to be very clear about what you mean by perfect, especially when it comes to a welded finish that will probably need to be ground down and polished which is going to add a lot to the cost: in sandpaper grit terms do you want an 80 grit finish or a 600 grit wet and dry finish before spay painting?.

If you are sourcing the steel then perhaps you can ask them for names: I use a few but wont engage with a "perfect" requirement:D

too much experience of the associated grief

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

You will need to be very clear about what you mean by perfect, especially when it comes to a welded finish that will probably need to be ground down and polished which is going to add a lot to the cost: in sandpaper grit terms do you want an 80 grit finish or a 600 grit wet and dry finish before spay painting?.

If you are sourcing the steel then perhaps you can ask them for names: I use a few but wont engage with a "perfect" requirement:D

too much experience of the associated grief

I'm not looking for that level of perfection - it just needs to be well made and perfectly square, no rough edges and smooth welds. In terms of finish, I'm looking for a matt or slightly hammered finish, not a polished finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Any recommendations?

Advertisement