Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy myself?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 7:19pm

My birthday is coming up soon and I have 200 euro to treat myself with but I dont know what too buy. So any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My birthday is coming up soon and I have 200 euro to treat myself with but I dont know what too buy. So any suggestions?

What are your interests?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

What are your interests?

I'm studying architecture so that would be big interest. Music, gym, xbox and the walking dead would be my other interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,289 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm studying architecture so that would be big interest. Music, gym, xbox and the walking dead would be my other interests.

Kitesurfing lessons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Was going to suggest a cat but that might not be your bag. Pre-owned Xbox One?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Not a big fan of water so kite surfing is no. I already have a xbox one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Limited edition vinyl would be my call. Get a collectors piece of an album you really love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

A good quality pair of leather soled boots to last you a lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 24,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Lego Architecture Studio?

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Studio-21050/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

A nice watch?
    A good mechanical pencil maybe?

All good suggestions. Any others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Coke and hookers ;)

Why not some personal training sessions. You could get 6 weeks of 2 per week. Push yourself that little bit more and maybe break the plateau?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Pebble Time Steel Smartwatch.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Beginner home-brewing kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

A plane ticket out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Musical instrument, can get a fine acoustic guitar for that money and loads of free lessons here:

Justinguitar.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Dark Souls 3

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

"Subpac" if you like music. Google it.

Get the M2. It's amaze balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

A Seiko 5 and a starter pack from shaving.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

A Nespresso machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

A ball scratcher . You'll be so content you can save the other €180.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ballscratcher-GBSGAD-Gentlemens-Ball-Scratcher/dp/B0010NWP9K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

If you're into music and listen to it mostly on the go, defo get a decent pair of headphones unless you already have some. You'd pick up a pair of AKG K451 (i have them, top drawer stuff) for about 70 quid and still have money left over for a nespresso or a watch, e.g. a G Shock. Alternatively, get a decent Bluetooth speaker....check out richersounds or somewhere like that which will only stock quality stuff......where sound is concerned, from personal experience you pay for what you get so consider pumping money into something decent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Nice aftershave.

Good clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

200 chocolate coins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

OP save the money or put it towards a VR headset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tablet?
    Nice watch?
    Good pair of headphones?
    Fitbit?
    Cufflinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Why not keep it until something you want pops up?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Put it towards a protective shark suit. http://neptunic.com/products/sharksuits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Flights or festival tickets. (or both)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

a good leatherman or similar. I bought myself a good one probably 8 years ago now and to this day it still comes everywhere with me.

Advertisement