Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneaking stuff indoors.

Options
  • 11-04-2016 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

To save my wife thinking I'm totally mad I don't tell her everything I buy thats survival related. Today I bought a Le Creuset Cast Iron Fondue Set on the bases that our son can use it for art work (encaustic work with hot wax).

mLg8o6U9skZwG8X_qVzjVSw.jpg

BNIB €4, sounds a daft survival item but the cast iron pot has lovely handles on each side that would if needed make a very nice crucible and the stainless steel meths burner is a thing of beauty :D At the very least its a handy safe system for heating food - provided its not been used to heat lead to make shot or fishing weights first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What is going to take some explaining is the 3.2/5 tonne tirfor type wire winch I bought while I was in the UK recently :)

31DyJ%2Bb0YPL.jpg

More about winching stuff later if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get a shed that you can do that work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

My missus gave up asking, it was usually hunting stuff or guns. Brought hime a new gun that had a camo finish and she saw it and asked me did i paint my gun? Ehhh.... yes i did love :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

@OP:

BNIB €4 ?

Get me 2 no. Same please! :)

Not your ornery onager

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Get a shed that you can do that work in.

The problem with sheds is that they fill up with stuff, like the garage, the barn, the 30ft static caravan and the 2 massive sheds we have already.

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    @OP:

BNIB €4 ?

Get me 2 no. Same please! :)

I felt a bit mean paying that little but I've bought total junk before and paid too much so it all evens out.

I only spotted it due to some weird lateral thinking. I saw a fondue fork sticking out of a box on the floor and thought ah fondue sets, they sometimes have a spirit burner. But as soon as I looked closer all became obvious. However it was the stainless steel spirit burner with neat flame adjustment that really had me sold on it.

Would be a rare enough find. From looking it up online its an old model that could date back to the 70's. I said that to my wife, she said thats not old and I replied how old were you 40 years ago :o She then agreed it was probably quite old :)

tbh I'd reckon to make about 20 charity shop visits before I find one good item. I've been looking for nearly 3 years for an odd Le Creuset pot lid as one of ours has a broken knob and I'm not paying €20 plus p&p for a genuine replacement.

Advertisement