Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skater dresses - what age is too old to wear?

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

...for fear of looking like mutton dressed as lamb...have a few lovely skater dresses...they are short, like a couple of inches above the knee. I completely love them but am afraid of looking like mutton (mid-thirties). I am slim and toned looking so that's not the issue...am just afraid that I am pushing it age-wise to be wearing skater dresses these days? Is there a cut off point or can I squeeze some more time out of my beloved skater dresses?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't believe in any of that rubbish. You'll always get someone whinging about what other people wear, but I say if you like them, wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

You keep wearing your dresses if you love them and they fit you. Don't worry about what other people think.
    I am 33 and happily wear skater dresses and skirts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks all! Think I'll stick with the skater dresses so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Well if they suit you and you like wearing them, there's nothing stopping you wearing them so!
    I'm early 30's and I still wear mine. I'm a smaller size on top than bottom and find dresses difficult at times, so the fuller skirt works well with my hips and bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

How old are you OP?

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules as certain dresses will scream "young!" but others, maybe depending on the fabric/cut will look more timeless.

I'm 30 and I still wear them because i find the shape suits me. I probably don't buy them from Ms Selfridge/River Island anymore like I might have done 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If they're good quality, fit you well and flatter your figure, then you're definitely not too old for them!
    I know you're only in your 30s but just putting it out there: my 60 something year old aunt rocked a Ted Baker skater dress at a wedding a couple of years ago and she looked deadly! If you've a great pair of legs and the confidence, you can wear anything and feck the begrudgers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks everyone. Will definitely wear one of my skaters dresses this weekend! Hadn't been wearing them the past while as thought I had gone 'past it' but you are right, if I feel good wearing them then I might as well wear them! :)

Advertisement