Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on Kindles in Argos

Options
  • 11-04-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

The Kindle Voyage 3G in Argos is really good value at the moment.

239.99 euro (100 euro off their previous price).
    (its 285 euro on amazon at the minute)

The other Kindle models are reduced as well - 20-30 euro off most of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what distinguishes this from a basic e-reader?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a new Kindle coming out soon thus why the older ones are reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Skerries wrote: »

Possibly a quick google (or bing if that's your thing) search would answer this for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Skerries wrote: »

I've used both a Kindle and a Kobo and I prefer the Kobo. Kindles have a very poor interface IMO. Even using Calibre you're limited to how you can sort out your device (unable to have books sorted as series etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I've used both a Kindle and a Kobo and I prefer the Kobo. Kindles have a very poor interface IMO. Even using Calibre you're limited to how you can sort out your device (unable to have books sorted as series etc.).

Doesn't really matter, TBH. Why would you realistically ever need a whole series on the device? I used to keep it 100% full with all my favourites, until I realised that was ridiculous. Just the one or two I'm reading, and the few I'm planning to read.

It's not an iPod. Books don't really work that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

endacl wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter, TBH. Why would you realistically ever need a whole series on the device? I used to keep it 100% full with all my favourites, until I realised that was ridiculous. Just the one or two I'm reading, and the few I'm planning to read.

I agree. And I find the actual reading experience with a kindle excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

endacl wrote: »

They work that way for me. Load up a series and read through it.

I don't know why you wouldn't. Unless they aren't out yet.

I've been re-reading a good few old series because they are so handy on the eReader.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

The details of the new kindle would appear to be leaked anyhow if anyone is interested

http://liliputing.com/2016/04/amazon-kindle-oasis-leaks-suggest-a-radically-new-ereader-design.html

Just on the kindle voyage - its a really lovely Ereader - a complete pleasure to read with. (Mine was lost in a dublin taxi last week - and I'm looking to replace it)

New one looks nice - however if I were to hazard a guess I would think it will be over 300 euro and would appear to have the same resolution maybe with a little better light distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You can create a folder and put the books in there, they might call it a "collection" I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You can create a folder and put the books in there, they might call it a "collection" I think

That's exactly what I have. "Songs of Ice and Fire", "Rebus", "Reading", "Unread, "Completed" etc. Move around as required. Fairly easy to do even on my non-touch ancient Kindle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement