Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Planning permission on land deemed rural

Options
  • 10-04-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am considering applying for permission to build a house on land in Co Fingal which is marked RU which means its rural. Has anybody experience or know of anyone who has gone down this route.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gafman83 wrote: »
    I am considering applying for permission to build a house on land in Co Fingal which is marked RU which means its rural. Has anybody experience or know of anyone who has gone down this route.

You need someone with experience of lodging application in the specific area. Is there any possibility of residential? The local development plan map will outline what FCC will consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

I'd be shocked if the Fingal Co Co website didn't have all the information you need.

The county council will facilitate you with a (free) pre planning meeting before you buy the site and will give you a very realistic steer on whether you're wasting your time or under what circumstances you'd get the permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I think Fingal is well known as one of the few planning authorities that are serious about preventing further rural one off development. I'd day they'll be pretty definitive in any answer they give. At least you'll know you're not wasting your time.

Advertisement