Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Dublin Geocachers Meetup

• 10-04-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭mollybird

Just recently got into this activity and been looking online to see if there was any meet up's happening in the area but none that i could see of.

Anyone interested in meeting up to go looking for some geocaches in the next week or two?

Comments

Hey! Last year myself and another boardsie put the feelers out for the same, but there wasn't much interest. But it only takes a spark! I'd be up for this, although may have to wait till my exams are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya would be great to go out and to go looking for some with a group of people. im happy enough to wait a few weeks no bother. may give others the chance to see if they fancy doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

mollybird wrote: »
    Just recently got into this activity and been looking online to see if there was any meet up's happening in the area but none that i could see of.

Anyone interested in meeting up to go looking for some geocaches in the next week or two?

The Geocaching group on meetup.com which is Dublin based seems to be after waking from the dead in recent days, though I wouldn't hold my breath

ya i had been on to them about getting it going again. hoping to try and make the first one and will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Look for "eventcaches" or even set one up yourself.
    I've been to a few random flashmob eventcaches and they're great fun when people just emerge out of the wood work of the crowd on a busy street. They even used a public webcam setup down the river to snap us all & then we went for cake & coffee after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Speak of the devil there is one on in town, on the 14th May. Unfortunately on this new boards.ie app I can't seem to add a weblink but if you filter for eventcaches and look around the temple bar area you'll see it.

may take a look if i can. did want to start up my own meet up group on the meet up site but says you need to pay to set up a group which sucks!!!!

Advertisement