Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo(?) Problem

Options
  • 10-04-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Called for a cab on Friday morning got 2011 merc with no taxi plates, no meter neither. The driver told me it'll be no extra cost for me - ended up paying nearly twice as much as I normally pay. Same story on Friday evening - The driver was quite polite and when I explained him what happened that morning he said there'll be no problem with cancelling the call, once the conversation concluded I got charged 3.60 - cancellation fee for what I didn't order.

Wonder if something got messed up in my android app or it's Hailo fraud? I can't see any options managing the class of the taxi, withing a year I got Hail+ for the same price a few times, that's why I didn't pay much of attention.

I reported to Hailo on both issues on Friday no response so far.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

GalwayBmw wrote: »
    Called for a cab on Friday morning got 2011 merc with no taxi plates, no meter neither. The driver told me it'll be no extra cost for me - ended up paying nearly twice as much as I normally pay. Same story on Friday evening - The driver was quite polite and when I explained him what happened that morning he said there'll be no problem with cancelling the call, once the conversation concluded I got charged 3.60 - cancellation fee for what I didn't order.

Wonder if something got messed up in my android app or it's Hailo fraud? I can't see any options managing the class of the taxi, withing a year I got Hail+ for the same price a few times, that's why I didn't pay much of attention.

I reported to Hailo on both issues on Friday no response so far.

So hang on , you got into a car with NO taxi plate, NO meter and then YOU paid out money to the driver , but not only that you paid nearly twice as much as you normally pay.
    Why would anyone do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    So hang on , you got into a car with NO taxi plate, NO meter and then YOU paid out money to the driver , but not only that you paid nearly twice as much as you normally pay.
    Why would anyone do that?

Can't believe i did it myself. I should have locked the card linked to my hailo while chatting to the driver give him a slap and quit. But you know it's only then when you understand.. thanks for the helpful one nyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Just some update from Hailo - cancellation fee is cancelled, the extra amount paid for the limo is adjusted. I understood that the problem was resulted by me receiving a promotional offer, which I know opted out.

Advertisement