Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Dead need new phone

Options
  • 10-04-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi

My LG G3 just died almost a year old bought from amazon

What android phone would people go for budget max 500Euro Sim free

I like the Nexus 6

thx
    mylesm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

get the galaxy s6 edge i think its a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ahmsalo wrote: »
    get the galaxy s6 edge i think its a great one

500 max and you recommend a €550 phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Any particular requirements like screen size? Memory? Need an SD card slot or not?

There's loads of non Samsung options like the Oneplus Two, Motorola Play, Huawei P8, Nexus 5X.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Any particular requirements like screen size? Memory? Need an SD card slot or not?

There's loads of non Samsung options like the Oneplus Two, Motorola Play, Huawei P8, Nexus 5X.

no particular requirements just best bang for buck up to 500Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Check out youtube review videos for the few I mentioned, MKBHD is good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee

Bang for buck is subjective, I have the Oneplus Two and I like that it has 64Gb internal storage, the Nexus 5X looks like a top class phone but for over 100 more your getting half the storage and no sd card slot.

Not sure if its in budget but the LG G4 could be another option if you liked the G3.

Btw if you bought the G3 new off amazon you should have a 2 year warranty have you tried contacting them about it? I would just roll over and except its dead.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Check out youtube review videos for the few I mentioned, MKBHD is good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee

Bang for buck is subjective, I have the Oneplus Two and I like that it has 64Gb internal storage, the Nexus 5X looks like a top class phone but for over 100 more your getting half the storage and no sd card slot.

Not sure if its in budget but the LG G4 could be another option if you liked the G3.

Btw if you bought the G3 new off amazon you should have a 2 year warranty have you tried contacting them about it? I would just roll over and except its dead.

Thx I contacted them and they are offering me full refund or replacement so I opted for refund as for what I paid for G3 I can get an upgrade now
    Have to say Amazon returns are great imagine going into Carphone warehouse with a year old phone no way they woudl try everything not to replace or refund

I also loved the wireless charging on the LG G3 so that would be a feature I would really like

I think Nexus 6 and Samsung support Wireless Charging and LG G4

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mylesm wrote: »
    I also loved the wireless charging on the LG G3 so that would be a feature I would really like

I think Nexus 6 and Samsung support Wireless Charging and LG G4

Samsung phones do too with a €6 adapter, not that I'd necessarily recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Buy the G4 from Amazon?!

biebiebie wrote: »
    Buy the G4 from Amazon?!

Very like the G3 would like a change but wireless charging really limits choice

• Advertisement
Advertisement