Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online bet? non runner or missed labled?

Options
  • 09-04-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi I'll try to keep this as short and clear as I can.

I'm not up to speed on all the technicalities of betting so hoping for a bit of guidance.

I put a €10 EW bet on "if in doubt" on the 6/4/16. I was told by my friend the horse was running at 1:45pm in Aintree. When I put the bet on I did not check the time of the race, just the name and the track.

Today I notice at the end of the race my account states a loss. I checked my online betslip and it states I put the bet on for the same horse at 3:45pm not 1:45pm.

I contacted the bookie and was told my horse was a non runner but they offered a refund of the stake.

I tried to verify if my horse was ever listed for the 3:45pm. I could not verify it was. BTW the actual race was at 3:40pm not 3:45pm as my slip indicated.

I'm thinking there was an error in the listing, maybe 1:45pm (13:45) been mistaken for 3:45.

Is this as simple as "I should of checked my slip" or have they taken a bet on a horse that was never going to run this race?

That's the basics, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

What price was it? Sounds like he was listed for the gr.1 hurdle because the other race wouldn't have had a market at the time. If they have refunded your stake it's generous because the bet was a loser under ante post rules by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

It was listed for the race it ran in. The lad who gave me the name knew at that stage what time the horse was running. He said he checked his paper to see was it entered in more than one race and as far as he is concerned it wasn't.

I would just be wondering if the paper at that time had the horse listed in the 1:45 and the bookies had it listed at 3:40pm would it be odd or possible a wrong listing?

It was generous to offer a refund however and I accepted it so it's academic at this point.

I thought even if it was a wrong listing they are covered as it was anti-post.

Anyway thanks for the reply. Oh and I got it at 25/1.

Advertisement