Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churches should be burned to the ground and Catholicism made illegal.

Options
  • 09-04-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Just watching this documentary on Youtube and I am sickened and appalled.

We all know how women were treated by nuns in the name of religion/god and how priests (not all but too many) raped young boys. And its only in the last 30 years that this is coming to light. Can you imagine what they got away with in previous centuries??

People feared the church here, they had the "moral" (don't get me started) high ground here and people DARE NOT question and criticise them.

These people were nothing short of evil.

Thankfully, today things are slightly different. Its ok to speak of abuse, its ok to criticise the church and its ok to say its all a load a whatever.

But what they did to this country and its people over the centuries and most of which we will never know the true horror.

I think churches should be burned to the ground and it should be illegal to declare yourself a priest or a nun. It will never happen but they should all hang there heads in shame today.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I thought you'd blow this out of all proportion, but I think that's a reasoned response.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Priests raped young girls as well

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

The actions of the few should punish the many ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Humanities, the religious forums, somewhere but not here, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement