Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i find a New Website

Options
  • 09-04-2016 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Where can I find (on the internet) a site completely free (even just a few months free) where I can build a web site??

I'd like to build it try it and if it works out then pay (if necessary)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

download xampp. download a free css template in the style you like. build it on your pc and host it locally to test. all hosting companies offer free hosting so simply upload your locally created site and it will be live albeit with a crappy url

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Where can I find (on the internet) a site completely free (even just a few months free) where I can build a web site??

I'd like to build it try it and if it works out then pay (if necessary)

Are you trying to code a website and have somewhere host it for free or are you looking for somewhere to drag and drop components and hide all the coding?

Do you want a www.mywebsite.com or are you ok with a mywebsite.otherwebsite.com?

I used http://www.weebly.com to create basic websites in a short period of time. Its drag and drop with the option to code in the background if you want. Its free with paid options.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

I would steer clear of Wix.

Try Wordpress.com. At least that way you have an upgrade path if you decide to strike it out on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fizzoo12

I have to say I have a course on web development in September this year, local 'VEC' and they are using Wix but also use adobe for graphics etc ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

fcrossen wrote: »
    I would steer clear of Wix.

Try Wordpress.com. At least that way you have an upgrade path if you decide to strike it out on your own.

What's the upgrade path from WordPress.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I got the wix site going seems pretty easy to use, Thanks all and cheers zig: http://anthonyheaney2008.wix.com/irelandheritagegaz

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fizzoo12

@ tonyheaney - Did you take those pics yourself ? Some nice ones in there >>>> I'm heading to Cong in Mayo on Monday to snap a few nice pics over there, i just hope the weather is good for Monday ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

fizzoo12 wrote: »
    @ tonyheaney - Did you take those pics yourself ? Some nice ones in there >>>> I'm heading to Cong in Mayo on Monday to snap a few nice pics over there, i just hope the weather is good for Monday ....

Many are from professional and amiture photographers, your contribution would be most welcome :)

Advertisement