Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH's policy of OP giving an opinion vs. Ask Reddit's ban on OP giving an opinion.

Options
  • 09-04-2016 5:47pm

I was starting a thread on Ask Reddit earlier and noticed their rules which are the exact opposite of After Hours..

AskReddit is all about DISCUSSION. Your post needs to inspire discussion, ask an open-ended question that prompts redditors to share ideas or opinions.
    Questions need to be neutral and the question alone. Any opinion or answer must go as a reply to your question, this includes examples or any kind of story about you. This is so that all responses will be to your question, and there's nothing else to respond to. Opinionated posts are forbidden.

Should OP always have to give an opinion? 4 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,967 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Different sites have different rules, what's the problem? Don't like one sites rules don't post or look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I was starting a thread on Ask Reddit earlier and noticed their rules which are the exact opposite of After Hours..

AskReddit is all about DISCUSSION. Your post needs to inspire discussion, ask an open-ended question that prompts redditors to share ideas or opinions.
    Questions need to be neutral and the question alone. Any opinion or answer must go as a reply to your question, this includes examples or any kind of story about you. This is so that all responses will be to your question, and there's nothing else to respond to. Opinionated posts are forbidden.

What's your thoughts?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Different sites have different rules, what's the problem? Don't like one sites rules don't post or look at it.

Going by Reddit's rules, I can give an opinion now. I don't really care.

Why do you think I did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I must open a thread on reddit about boards.ie OP opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

We do ask that OPs start up a discussion and add their opinion unfortunately this doesn't always happen but if discussion naturally happens after the OP then why not leave it and let it continue.

Anyway, this is better suited to feedback or helpdesk, cheers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement