Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens after Haddington Road Agreement?

Options
  • 09-04-2016 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am going in to do the PME this year, and I am well aware that means that in 2 years time I will graduate to no job and be waiting 2 or 3 years before I actually get a full time position.

However, I was wondering what happens after the Haddington Road Agreement ends? Is there an agreement for how things will go then? Or is it just a case that they will negotiate another agreement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Dylan94 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am going in to do the PME this year, and I am well aware that means that in 2 years time I will graduate to no job and be waiting 2 or 3 years before I actually get a full time position.

However, I was wondering what happens after the Haddington Road Agreement ends? Is there an agreement for how things will go then? Or is it just a case that they will negotiate another agreement?

2 or 3 years at the very minimum! I did't get full hours for 8 years and that was doing well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sitstill wrote: »
    2 or 3 years at the very minimum! I did't get full hours for 8 years and that was doing well.

I really wish someone in the teacher training industry would tell the PME applicants that this is the reality.

I had colleagues 15 years in still hadn't managed 'full' hours.

OP - probably another terrible agreement making things worse, but it won't stop the gangs joining the PME. It seems nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Depends on your subjects. If all you can teach is cspe, then you'll never get hours

Advertisement